[squid-users] Re: SSL-bump certificate issue?

From: Víctor Fernández Martínez <vfernandez_at_barracuda.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 11:28:02 +0100

Hi Eliezer,

I think it's a SSL Bump issue. I've also had the same problem: youtube.com,
gmail.com and other Google sites caused Firefox to display a
sec_error_inadequate_key_usage error when ssl-bumped.

In my case, I managed to fix the issue with the attached patch for Squid 3.3.9.
It prevents Squid from mimicking the Key Usage extension when creating a
certificate. Firefox seems to reject the certificate because it doesn't accept
the key usage, but with the patch it accepts the certificates without problems.
This patch does not modify the behaviour regarding the Extended Key Usage
extension, so it is mimicked as usual. If you use it, make sure you remove all
certificates in the certificate cache so Squid has to generate them again.

I hope it helps. I will ask in the devel list about this issue.

Victor

RSVP: "State of the Backup Appliance Market" webinar featuring leading analyst firm IDC. Tuesday, November 19, 10am PST. Register at http://www.barracuda.com/idcwebinar.