Re: [squid-users] The Request failed with HTTP Status 417: Exception Failed

From: Francesco Chemolli <gkinkie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 15:11:46 +0100

On 24 Nov 2013, at 10:53, Mario Almeida <malmeida_at_isa.ae> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am running squid as a reverse proxy. Some of our clients complain
> that they get the error message as "The Request failed with HTTP
> Status 417: Exception Failed" which accessing our internal web
> servers.

Hi Mario,
        the first place I'd recommend looking at is the cache.log. Is there anything unusual there?
Also, are you sure that the error message is generated by squid and not by the origin server? It's easy to distinguish the two: squid-generated messages have (unless squid is otherwise configured) squid's signature at the bottom of the error page.

  Francesco