Re: [squid-users] Directives ignore-private and override-expire not working Squid 3.2 and 3.3

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 17:10:26 +1300

On 26/11/2013 4:35 p.m., Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Just to make sure you have taken a small look at the headers.
> The headers states that at almost the same time the request was asked it
> was expired.
> I have not seen the Request headers and I cannot tell you why it is like
> that but it seems like there is a reason for that.

Usually this is done on resources where the webmaster knows what they
are doing and is completely confident that the data MUST NOT be stored.
You know, the stuff the contains *private* user details and such.

Expires: header causes HTTP/1.0 caches to remove the content immediately
(or not store in the first place).

Cache-Control:private does the same thing for HTTP/1.1 caches except for
browsers. Which in HTTP/1.1 are allowed to store private data unless the
"Cache-Control:no-store" or "Expires:" controls are also used.

Amos