Re: [squid-users] Squid proxy lag

From: Kinkie <gkinkie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 17:33:09 +0100

On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 3:42 PM, alamb200 <alamb200_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have just installed a CentOS 6.4 server as a Hyper V guest on my Hyper V
> sever.
> I have given it 2gb of RAM and a Xeon 2.4Ghz processor to run Squid on a 30
> user network is this enough?
> Is there anything else I should be looking at to speed it up?

Hi alamb200,
  the answer is "it depends", generally speaking it depends on what
your users are doing.
For normal browsing habits, in absence of any bottlenecks such as
networking issues or other VMs competing for resources on the same
server that sizing could even be enough for 3000 active users.
  Why would you need to "speed it up"? Do you have any evidence of bad
performance?

--
    /kinkie