[squid-users] Destination address rewriting for TPROXY

From: Steve Hill <steve_at_opendium.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2013 16:17:23 +0000

I'm using an ICAP reqmod service to change the URI of certain requests
(including the host name). When running under a non-transparent proxy
this works fine. However, when using TPROXY, Squid uses the original
destination IP address of the connection rather than the Host header to
determine where to connect to, so modifying the request doesn't cause
Squid to actually connect to a different host.

Is there any way to force Squid to connect to the host in the rewritten
request, rather than continuing to connect to the original IP address?

I'm aware of the "client_dst_passthru off" option, which sounds like it
would almost do what I want, except the manual says that this option
gets forced back on for requests that fail host verification.

--
  - Steve Hill
    Technical Director