Re: [squid-users] Re: SquidGuard not filtering

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2013 21:14:49 +1300

On 4/12/2013 8:02 p.m., vikkymoorthy wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Thanks for your revert. You are right, the issue is related to SquidGuard.
>
> Is there are way, we can use squid like content filtering? Please let me
> know.

Squid is specifically designed not to filter or alter the content of any
traffic itself. But to route traffic via ICAP or eCAP services which do
that kind of thing.

You seem to already have ICAP-client feature built in your Squid. So it
is just a matter of finding an ICAP software that does what you want and
configuring it.

Amos