Re: [squid-users] Squid 2.6 and https_port

From: Gianluigi Ruggeri <gianluigi83_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 14:37:43 +0100

I'm very very confused!!

When is necessary to configure Squid as transparent proxy and when is
necessary to configure it as accellerator?

in this page http://www.deckle.co.uk/squid-users-guide/accelerator-mode.html
I read:

When to use Accelerator Mode

Accelerator mode should not be enabled unless you need it. There are a
limited set of circumstances in which it is needed, so if one of the
following setups applies to you, you should have a look at the
remainder of this chapter.

Transparent Caching/Proxy

Squid can be configured to magically intercept outgoing web requests
and cache them. Since the outgoing requests are in web-server format,
it needs to translate them to cache-format requests. Transparent
caching is covered in detail in the following section.