Re: [squid-users] Re: SquidGuard not filtering

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2013 18:16:07 +0200

Hey,

The script that starts a service is usually at "/etc/init.d/Service_name"
Which "Service_name" in this case is squid.

Since you compiled squid from source It is possible that you don't have
the "squid" startup script.
You can run the command "/usr/sbin/squid -h" to get the options how to
start squid.
"/usr/sbin/squid -k parse" will show you if there is an error on your
squid.conf.

To shutdown squid you can use "squid -k shut" and it can takes about 30
secs to fully shutdown.

I have hope that the release of the new RPMs(3.3.11 +3.4.0.3) will
happen next week.
For now I am testing 3.3.11 and it seems to run very nice and passed the
24 hours usage with no problem.

Eliezer