[squid-users] Re: how to use multi instances (SMP) in squid

From: Dr.x <ahmed.zaeem_at_netstream.ps>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 00:24:24 -0800 (PST)

hi ,
in my opinion
100 users is not soo much http requests
and smp is not the right solution >>>>>>>>>>>>

you can tune squid parameters and optimize squid , u dint need SMP .

smp is limited to object size 32 k and in my opinion it will be less hits
than squid without smp.

SMP can help u when u have multicore machine and u have a huge http requests
and wantto balance the http requesst among ur cores .

and agian , here , im asking Amos about SMP>>>>>

can we after using SMP to get more BW saving ?? assume we fixed all other
parameters of squid and want to make comparision .

assume i have server without smp and save about 40 MBps

can i reach this value after SMP ???

with my best regards

-----
Dr.x