Re: [squid-users] Re: Authenticating squid users against Samba 4

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 01:33:37 +1300

On 12/12/2013 1:01 a.m., Listas de Correo wrote:
> Anyone know how to authenticate Squid against Samba 4 configured with
> Active Directory?
>
> On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 10:47 AM, Listas de Correo wrote:
>> I have a server with Samba 4 configured as a domain controller; I'd
>> like to know whether is possible to use the Active Directory defined
>> in the Samba server to authenticate Squid.
>>
>> I'm asking because I've searched on the web but haven't t found any
>> document or procedure to do this, any pointers of where to look at
>> will be greatly appreciated
>>

>> Thanks!

It would seem nobody has a direct answer to your question.
I do knw that Samba made some changes to their ntlm_auth helper that
make v4 more difficult to use than v3, but cant recall what that is
exactly sorry.

Squid authetication against AD is done with one of several
authentication helpers. Indicating *how* you want to auth is a good
start to finding which suits you best.

Amos