[squid-users] Working of Tproxy4 with squid

From: SaRaVanAn <saravanan.nagarajan87_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 13:17:06 +0530

Hi All,
  I have basic clarifications on working of Tproxy4 with Squid.

With tproxy2, the destination port of http packets are getting changed
to squid port 3128 and its handled by squid appropriately.

TPROXY all -- eth0 any anywhere anywhere
   TPROXY redirect 0.0.0.0:3128

With tproxy4,I understand http packets are routed to squid via lo
interface and there is no change in destination port.

I want to understand how these packets are getting hooked by squid
even its not destined for his port (3129).

how tproxy4 works with squid?

Also, How reverse traffic is getting handled by squid ?

Regards,
Saravanan N