Re: [squid-users] Re: Google nosslsearch

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 22:29:09 +0200

On 19/12/13 15:36, babajaga wrote:
> After some more testing, it looks like, the DNS-hack could still be the best
> solution. The URL-rewrite works for explicitly requesting google.com from
> the browser, and then entering the search string into googles page; but when
> entering a search string into the search box of Firefox, for example, FF
> explicitly callshttps://www.google.com

Which needs a redirect towards regular search which can be added to
firefox in couple steps..

So if you do have the www.google.com and some couple other DNS records
you could redirect them into a server with a certificate that was meant
for another domains such as "www.google.search.internal" and the client
can see that and decide if it's OK to enter it or not...

I do not think that there is a need to "block" google or to "inspect"
google but I would like to not get into spam sites on Internet while I
only need that results from couple specific sites.

Eliezer