Re: [squid-users] Maybe does Microsoft Windows Update Server accelerate Update better than Squid?

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 23:22:55 +0200

Hey,

My suggestion is that in most cases that the network is larger then 100
PCs try to use a WSUS but...
If you can send someone to just pass between the computers and make sure
each and every one of them is working properly after each update
everybody will be happy.

In some environments it is part of the policy to make sure that each PC
is fully operational after each update.
Since the software was stable before it's smart to notice what each
update is for and make sure if the environment actually needs this update..
For example a firewalled internal LAN which is never allowed to even
reach the Internet Should be monitored by the switch port level to make
sure that the computer is not being touched or messed at any time..(the
policy will be different in every place).

I have handled couple system updates over the time and it should be
smooth but in real life it's not always the result.

All The Bests,
Eliezer