Re: [squid-users] Fw: Risks by raising Active Directory Functional Level to 2008 R2

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 14:02:16 +1300

On 21/12/2013 12:57 a.m., ***some text missing*** wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed RHEL 5.5 with Stable Version of Squid and integrated
> with Active Directory for user based authentication. Now we have to
> plan to raise our active directory functional level to 2008. What
> might be the risks on users based authentication while upgrading
> active directory. Early response will be appreciated.

Risks? or problems?

AD 2008 has several noticible changes in regards to NTLM and Negotiate
authentication. Some users have reported problems when their assumed
"working" configuration turned out to be using old protocols AD2008 has
dropped and the new secure protocols (NTLMv2 or Kerberos) turned out not
to be working at all well.

Amos