Re: [squid-users] Squid 3.3 is very aggressive with memory

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 22:44:27 +0200

Hey Nathan,

I want to go back into the basic levels which we are talking about.
After reviewing the proxy configuration I am not sure why and how but:
Can you start running the proxy from scratch with basic squid.conf and
go one step at a time forward?
If you have a network then allow this network the access.
If you use ssl_crtd remove it and start working with basic squid.

One step at a time can help you research the issue.
If for example we do know that for 24\48 hours that the server works
fine with no visible issue and memory growth which is out of any limit
of the hardware we can say that we are on the basic stage of "ok" and
now we need to find out more.

Else then the memory growth(which can lead to swapping) are there any
visible issues?
Can you disable the ICAP service for a while for example?

Eliezer

* you can find me at freenode#squid