Re: [squid-users] Tracing squid 3.1 functions

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 10:49:35 +1300

On 26/12/2013 12:29 a.m., m.shahverdi_at_ece.ut.ac.ir wrote:
> Hi all,
> I want to know about handling different network protocols such as FTP, SSL
> and ... in squid and tracing squid function calls to find in which part of
> the code squid recognizes request protocol. Please help me.

Not possible because there is none that "recognize request protocol".

What happens is admin configure squid.conf ports manually, one per
protocol type to be recieved. Squid only supports HTTP, HTTPS, ICP,
HTCP, and SNMP incoming traffic.

The non-HTTP traffic support in Squid is for gatewaying traffic, where
Squid makes the outbound connection in FTP/Gopher/HTTP/HTTPS/Wais/ etc
so there is no detection or recognizing going on.

Amos