Re: [squid-users] linux oom situtation

From: Kinkie <gkinkie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 10:12:24 +0100

On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 9:05 AM, Oguz Yilmaz <oguzyilmazlist_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have continous oom & panic situation unresolved, origined from
> squid. I am not sure system fills up all the ram (36GB). Why this
> system triggered this oom situation? Is it about some other memory?
> highmem? lowmem? stack size?

Hi Oguz,
  when squid uses that much memory, it's usually because the admin asks it to.
Especially relevant are the cache_mem and cache_dir settings, which
unfortunately are missing in your request for help.
See http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidMemory for details about
how squid uses memory, and how much it is expected to use.
More than that is a bug - usually a memory leak - but continuously
using 36 GB of RAM is a lot to account for as one.

--
    /kinkie