[squid-users] Re: strange reply denials based on rule ordering

From: Brian J. Murrell <brian_at_interlinx.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 11:28:43 -0500

On Tue, 2013-12-31 at 23:28 +1300, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> Order IS important.

Ahhh. This is interesting then.

> Each rule depends on what the rules above it do and whether their side
> effects change the state depended on by the weird-acting ACL.

This seems a strange situation to me. But so be it. Is there any
documentation describing how one http_reply_access rule can change state
such that it alters the application of rules subsequent to it?

If I can understand that, I can probably make sense of why moving my
rules around are changing their behavior.

Cheers,
b.