Re: [squid-users] Feature request: tos based acl

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2014 20:44:27 +1300

On 31/12/2013 11:49 p.m., Ge Jin wrote:
> Hi, all!
>

> I've searched the archives and not been able to find an answer so I
> thought I'd post. Apologies if it's been covered before.
>
> In the squid document, the directive tcp_outgoing_address says:
>
> # NOTE: The use of this directive using client dependent ACLs is
> # incompatible with the use of server side persistent connections. To
> # ensure correct results it is best to set server_persistent_connections
> # to off when using this directive in such configurations.

FWIW: the above problem was fixed in the current Squid-3.2 or later
releases. Please upgrade if you are having problems with persistent
connections.

> Can any one explain what is the client dependent ACL may occur error
> there ? And how can we use the header base acl ?

All the ACLs testing client TCP connection details, or HTTP request
details (including authentication) are "client-dependent".
 Essentially dst and cache_peer ACL tests were the only one that worked
in tcp_outgoing_address selection of Squid-3.1 and older.

Amos