Re: [squid-users] Does squid support haproxy's proxy protocol?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 01:21:36 +1300

On 3/01/2014 11:55 p.m., k simon wrote:
> Hi,All,
>
> Haproxy has a custom defined protocol called "proxy protocol", it's
> aimed to chain proxies / reverse-proxies without losing the client
> information. In the past days I used tproxy , but I have to change
> architecture and change routes manually, it's diffcault to maintained.
> Can squid support this function?
>
> p.s.
> some useful links:
> http://blog.exceliance.fr/haproxy/proxy-protocol/
> http://haproxy.1wt.eu/download/1.5/doc/proxy-protocol.txt
>

> Regards
> Simon

The current releases of Squid do not support that protocol.

We are currently working on architectural changes to the Squid
connection management and parsing systems that will enable more of these
types of underlying/transport protocols to be used in the not to distant
future.

If you (or anyone reading this) wants to assist please get in touch on
the squid-dev mailing list.

Amos