Re: [squid-users] Squid is not caching large objects!

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2014 16:03:14 +0200

What version of squid are you using?

In a case these are static files or atleast alike the 1,2,4 MB files it
can be cached by configuring squid correctly.

To make sure it is cached or not I would use a set of request tools:
wget
browser(firefox,chrome,exporer,others)
links

After I would verify that suqid configuration is OK I would try to
understand what any why.

If you can share the headers of the request and response it will help a lot.
"wget -d url"
"curl -v ur"

In a case of command line there might be some settings to define the
proxy such as "http_proxy=http://IP_ADDRESS:3128/".

There are couple squid.conf settings related to memory object size and
disk object size etc.

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/

Have what you need but the conf file and version should help me
understand more.

Eliezer