[squid-users] Re: Squid 2.7.STABLE5 hangs with "HEAD" request in LOG

From: 4eversr <thomas.boelscher_at_assmann.de>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 08:03:56 -0800 (PST)

babajaga wrote
> Set up IE to use this proxy explicitly.
> And then used IE to access the video in assmann.de.
> About 5s to show up, no problem. But I still can not find the HEAD-request
> in my logs. Strange.
> My IE-version is 11.0.96
> Which one do you have ?

Hi,

i tested with IE9 and IE10 (not with IE11).

You mentioned earlier in this thread that you wondered that there was a
SQUID 3.1.12 in the fiddler logs.
I for myself could not explain this fact for me, so i checked the version
number again in webmin and it says 2.7.STABLE5, as i posted in this thread.
- After that i opened a telnet session to the squid proxyserver and looked
for a command which shows the version number of the squid (it is "squid -v")
and there it says "Squid Cache 3.1.12". So it seems that the version number
webmin displays is wrong, and we use Squid 3.1.12. - I am very sorry for the
fact that i told you we use squid 2.7 although it seems to be 3.1.12.