[squid-users] Immediate "This page can't be displayed" on HTTPS requests (UNCLASSIFIED)

From: Raczek, Alan J CTR USARMY SEC \(US\) <alan.j.raczek.ctr_at_mail.mil>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 15:23:19 +0000

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

We are running Squid 2.7 on a Windows Server 2003 machine. With a few
different HTTPS URL's we are getting an instantaneous "This page can't be
displayed" in Internet Explorer, doesn't matter what version of IE. In
Mozilla Firefox we get "the connection has timed out" . Doesn't even think
about it. I tried a few registry hacks having to do with bad proxy timeouts
with Windows but no luck. From the cache log I see that the proxy is
"allowing" the URL and it gets a hit (we whitelist everything). I am at a
loss as to what is happening. Other HTTPS URL's work, many other websites
work through the proxy and they DO seem to taking a little time to bring up
the site which tells me Squid is doing the handshaking for sure.

WHAT'S UP??

PS our network setup:
LAN - proxy server - ASA 5510 - Internet

* Alan Raczek *

* Principal Network Engineer *
* CACI *
* Work: (443) 395-5133 *