[squid-users] Re: Issue with Web Traffic through IPSEC Tunnel to a Squid Proxy

From: RKGD512 <rkosaka_at_gdnicely.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 15:47:17 -0800 (PST)

Wanted to send an update---

So To rule out CentOs and the Squid install I have grabbed the VMware image
of the known good (location 2) centos/squid, copied it over to location 1,
changed the ip, validated iptables and tested. Same results.

So we can safely assume that its not centos or the centos iptables and it's
not squid or it's squid.conf.

Seems to be something with the network. I did telnet tests back and forth,
route print, trace routes both direction. Everything is setup the same and
has unrestricted access.

Works one direction versus the other. My thought is maybe the carrier
(ISP). Both Cox Communications, the two locations are only 15 miles apart.
Stumped again.

I can do telnet 192.168.1.60 80, do a "GET http://google.com/ http/1.1" and
it returns a valid response. Again, just using browsers I get nothing but a
white screen.