[squid-users] Noob question about urlpath_regex

From: id10t <ron_at_mtmsoftworks.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 18:30:20 -0800 (PST)

I have a web server that is to run some php scripts behind a reverse proxy
squid server but I did not want people executing random .php files from the
many that are on the server. I found in some instructions on the net that
adding this will prohibit placing various php files on the URL string and
executing.

*acl outsiders urlpath_regex -i \.php$ *
*http_access deny outsiders*

It does. very nicely except the scripts on the web server /seem/ to not be
running from the internet side of the proxy. The forms load but the buttons
do nothing and processing seems dead.

If I go to the php server and load up the web site at localhost and the
scripts are indeed running.
i.e. The form responds to button pushes and processing occurs as expected.

The php server should just be passing html pages generated by it's scripts
to the proxy for output right?

If I comment out the *http_access deny outsiders* as before I can run for
example phpinfo.php from the internet but operate the web site as expected.

Obviously I don't understand something

TIA

:Ron