Re: [squid-users] offline working

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 07:28:17 +0200

OK this is a nice feature!!
I would not try to just allow it on any production system.

Take in account that a cache has a limit of time which it can store the
data.
Squid suppose to hold maximum 365 days a cache entry without revalidation.

In a case there are specific sites which you want to "download" which is
kind of a good thing to do, you can try to use tools such as wget,
httrack or maybe other tools that copy a webpage\website while crawling
in it.
Some CDN networks do use this feature and allow the user to access
content while it is better to serve it from a near web-service rather
then the other side of the world.
Note that it should not disable the revalidation completely since there
are cases which a revalidation is a "must" like for some medical and
pharmacy institutions.

Eliezer