Re: [squid-users] Squid error????

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 03:28:39 +0200

On 24/01/14 03:12, Monah Baki wrote:
> I am running it on VMWare workstation 9.0.2 (32 bit)
Should be the same effect for 64 and 32 bit..
I do understand that there are many 32 bit machines out there and indeed
there is no need to replace them since they do their job pretty well!!
for example a 32 bit 3.2Ghz CPU can do a lot of web traffic!
I have seen one of these:
http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/rep_ca/9/897/ENUS106-239/index.html

Which seems to me to run pretty well.
So what 350W dedicated for one machine?
RH support it SUSE support it..
Once it out there and running it should run for 10 years by default.
I would first five it a trial period of 5 years just to make sure that
the product works fine.
Then we can migrate from this machine to a more powerful machine which
can hold more then only one machine.(mainframe?)
I suppose that a mainframe cannot be "just" have HA capability.

For now I will test it on a kvm host but later on if needed I will test
it on another physical machine that lay around here.

Eliezer