[squid-users] My squid has a few problems

From: obombz <seyiakinboboye_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 17:07:48 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I am a new user both to this forum and to using squid! My squid is running
on opensuse 12.3. attached is a copy of my network diagram for you to better
understand my plight.

<http://squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/file/n4664448/My_Network_diagram.jpg>

I have just managed to get my squid up and running but it it is running in a
non-transparent mode; i don’t mind that as i have told the users to the
proxy and that they will have to input it. But i have noticed the following
problems:

1. i noticed that even if my users don’t input the proxy they still browse;
but slowly.

2. The few clients that use the proxy complain that the speed is not
impressive and all.

3. Then when i run the tail command and watch maybe after a few hours or so;
might be a day at times, the users on the proxy would not be able to browse
and the error message the browser will give is that the proxy server is
refusing connections! but once i goto the GUI for the squid and restart it
then the network starts browsing. But when the squid freezes from browsing
the users that don’t use the proxy can still browse!

I really don’t know what to do at this stage and i would really appreciate
all the help i can get.

Thanks in advance.