Re: [squid-users] rewriting cookies with squid ?

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 12:42:33 +0200

Hey There,

The basic way to do that is to use ICAP service.
You better set couple acls that will allow or disallow the "routing" of
the http requests towards the ICAP service to lower the load on it.
I have used in the past with GreasySpoon ICAP service which is based on
java and offers lots of options to do what you need.

I have written a ruby ICAP service which is not perfected yet at the repo:
https://github.com/elico/echelon

It helps to understand the way that ICAP works.
It was not meant to mangle with cookies but a good ruby developer can
convert this code into a cookie mangler program.

You can see explanation and examples of usage with ICAP at:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/DynamicContent/Coordinator#Summery_of_the_ICAP_solution

If something is not understandable by your or anyone just ask.

Eliezer