[squid-users] authentication via web page

From: Al Zick <al_at_familysafeinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 17:56:21 -0500

Hi,

I am considering switching to authentication via a web page. Are
there examples of how to do this somewhere? What are the pros and
cons of this configuration? I am very concerned about security with
web page authentication.

Also, I am not really sure if it is a good idea. For example, in most
emails the images in them are not sent as attachments, they are
downloaded from a web server and go through the proxy. If a re-write
was used to load the authentication page, then it would put that page
in place of the image. How would you authenticate the proxy with this
scenario?

I will probably need a consultant to help me through this project
because I have been working on this way too long. Would anyone be
available?

Thanks,
Al