Re: [squid-users] segment fault on freebsd 10-stable

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 01:12:37 +1300

On 1/02/2014 9:39 p.m., k simon wrote:
> Hi,lists,
> I upgraded my squid box from freebsd 9.2 to freebsd 10-stable, and I
> found when using aufs storage scheme, squid just report "segment fault"
> and quit, but diskd works normal.
> And I found compiled squid with tcmalloc, squid quit with "segment
> fault" too, whenever using aufs or diskd.
> I'm sure aufs and tcmalloc works fine with freebsd 9.2. Does somebody
> run into the same issue like me?!

Segmentation fault can come from many reasons.
Please rlocate the core dump file from this crash or run Squid under a
debugger to find out where exactly teh problem is happening.

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/BugReporting has help on how to do
that and what details are needed for fixing a bug.

Amos