[squid-users] Squid 3.1.19 problem: TCP_MISS/503 0 CONNECT https:443 - NONE/- -

From: b0tm1nd <webxtor_at_ukr.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 15:49:10 -0800 (PST)

I am trying to set up Squid as a proxy with HTTPS support.
No matter what I try, I cannot get CONNECT methods to work (via both HTTP
and HTTPS protocols).

The problem seems to be very strange and unique, because the connection URL
get's converted to something odd.

When I have enabled *never_direct allow all* option, here is what I get:

Requests:
CONNECT https://google.com
CONNECT http://google.com
GET https://google.com
Log:
TCP_MISS/503 0 CONNECT https:443 - NONE/- -
TCP_MISS/503 0 CONNECT http:443 - NONE/- -
TCP_HIT/301 647 GET https://google.com/ - NONE/- text/html

Without this option, the logs turns into:
TCP_MISS/404 0 CONNECT https:443 - DIRECT/- -
TCP_MISS/404 0 CONNECT http:443 - DIRECT/- -

Note, how "//google.com" turns into ":443".

Here is the part of detailed log, where this mysterious turn occurs:

My configuraion:

This is the version output:

When I use the one installed from Ubuntu 12.04 with the same configuration,
I cannot even get to "GET https://google.com" to work.