[squid-users] RE: Squid 3.1.19 problem: TCP_MISS/503 0 CONNECT https:443 - NONE/- -

From: b0tm1nd <webxtor_at_ukr.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 03:04:16 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for the replies everyone!

In fact, I have figured out by myself that the stock Ubuntu 12.04 (at least)
Squid does not provide the SSL/HTTPS support, so I have compiled it by
myself. After this "GET https://.." requests became working, but not any of
the CONNECT.

It was also correct, that when I was testing the proxy via telnet, I used
the wrong syntax for the CONNECT method.
Here is the result from access.log produced by the Firefox:
TCP_MISS/503 0 CONNECT www.google.com:443 - NONE/- -

The host is now shown correct, but still throws 503 error.

I thought the best I could get now is the guide on how to compile Squid with
SSL (probably, --enable-ssl was not enough).
And thanks to Rafael Akchurin seems like I've just received it!
Will try now to compile again using the guide and see if anything changed.