Re: [squid-users] A very low level question regarding performance of helpers.

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 11:41:26 +0200

Hey Kinkie,

I have tried to test couple helpers on squid.
The helpers I have been using are for url_rewrite and some others.
I have tested the helper based on 0 cache to allow full software
utilization.
Which means that the helper software will need to handle all requests.
While from the software the is no concurrency allowed even if the
STDIN\OUT allows concurrency...
Still there is a limit of about 50 requests per second that one helper
process can handle.

I will try to test later on what happens in a case of a "fake"
concurrency which is not really async but from the user perspective is
concurrency.
I am concluding my logic based on the
"X:3128/squid-internal-mgr/redirector" logs.

The main issue is slow response when using a specific helper.

Eliezer