[squid-users] Re: Squid breaking two sites, CBC.ca videos & interface.com US products

From: niagarasys <nabble_at_niagarahightech.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 09:43:30 -0800 (PST)

It seems that Amos' criticisms of Interface.com were bang-on as they fixed
whatever their issues were as I'm now able to access the site through Squid
proxies. I no longer need aid on this topic.

At this point, I'm still hoping that someone can help me in navigating
around the issues reported above reviewing CBC.ca's videos. This has been a
problem for years and it's preventing us from suggesting the deployment of
Squid proxies to Canadian schools as CBC is an integral aspect of Canadiana.

Concerning the videos accessed via http://www.cbc.ca/player/
Squid 2.6 - The wrong video plays for 2 seconds and stops
Squid 3.1 - Sometimes the video will play, mostly it won't

I've tried cache deny on .cbc.ca and it doesn't resolve the issue so I'm
wondering if the site is utilizing any other sites that should also be added
to cache deny?