Re: [squid-users] auth_param basic children question

From: Scott Mayo <scotgmayo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 09:31:20 -0600

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 4:12 PM, Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:

> # How long to go between checking the credentials with the helper.
> # With Basic auth this is the main means for reducing helper load, but
> # does mean if you change a users password or remove an account it will
> # take up to this long for the change to take effect in the proxy.
> auth_param basic credentialsttl 3 hour

Amos,
  If I understand this correctly, I probably should set this to 8
hours since school is 8 hours long. That way it would not have to be
checking with my ldap server for authentication so often correct? I
am not worried about changing the password or removing the account.
That happens after everyone is gone 99.9% of the time.

--
Scott Mayo
Mayo's Pioneer Seeds   PH: 573-568-3235   CE: 573-614-2138