[squid-users] Authenticate keeps popping up

From: Scott Mayo <scotgmayo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 13:40:03 -0600

When the students go to gmail.com, the authentication pop-up just
keeps occurring. The student can cancel out of it and get logged in,
but it still keeps doing it and will never accept the password. They
just have to keep cancelling out of it. I authenticate with my ldap
server. Here are the lines in my squid that are causing this.

acl bpsblocked dstdomain "/home/bloomfield/blocked/domains"
http_access deny bpsblocked !teacher_group
http_access deny banned_users
http_access allow ldap_username
http_access allow localnet
http_access allow localhost

The bpsblocked !teacher_group is what is causing it. Those are a list
of blocked sites that are blocked for students, but are not for
teachers. Nothing pertaining to gmail or google is in that list. I
can remark the statement out and then the students are fine and it
does not keep popping up.

Here is the list of sites that is in that file in case someone sees
something that I don't.

.xxx
.2dplay.com
.access-any-website.com