Re: [squid-users] block domains based on LDAP group and force re-authentication every 30 minutes

From: Scott Mayo <scotgmayo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 10:43:59 -0600

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 10:39 AM, Wim Ramakers
<wim.ramakers_at_lucine-os.be> wrote:
> I forgot to paste the line in the first post, I’ve set authenticate_cache_garbage_interval 5 minutes.
>
> Even after an hour I stayed authenticated, so I’ve changed it also to a lower value.

I am curious to this also then. I wonder if that is the browser. Is
there a setting for how often a browser asks for authentication?

My assumption would be that the browser asks Squid for authentication.
 Once it is authenticated with your LDAP, then it will not have to
authenticate again until the browser asks again. I may be totally
wrong though.

--
Scott Mayo
Mayo's Pioneer Seeds   PH: 573-568-3235   CE: 573-614-2138