Re: [squid-users] Re: cache.log Warnings

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 16:58:48 +1300

On 18/02/2014 1:35 p.m., Carlos Defoe wrote:
> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/KnowledgeBase/QueueCongestion
>
> You're probably using aufs, those messages are normal.
>
> On the restart log, I never saw the AuthUserHashPointer ones, but
> since squid exits and starts normally, I don't think that is a
> problem.

Those lines mean the credentials were still tied to an active
transaction when they were removed from the auth cache. Normal for a
shutdown with active clients at the time.

The long list of "Open FD " lines is possibly a worry. That indicates
open connections.

However that said most of them are port-443 (HTTPS tunnels) or idle
persistent connections. So not a problem really just an artifact of the
not-so-nice shutdown process in Squid.

Amos