Re: [squid-users] Re: What are recommended settings for optimal sharing of cache between SMP workers?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 02:40:29 +1300

On 19/02/2014 12:12 a.m., Dr.x wrote:
> im doubting ,
> without smp with same traffic and same users i can save 40Mbps
>
> but in smp with combination of aufs with rock (32KB max obj size)
> i can only save 20Mbps
>

> im wondering does large rock will heal me ?

How many Squid processes are you currently needing to service those
users traffic?

If the number is >1 then the answer is probably yes.

 * Each worker should have same HIT ratio from AUFS cached objects. Then
the shared Rock storage should increase HIT ratio some for workers which
would not normally see those small objects.

> or return to aufs and wait untill squid relase version that has bigger
> object size ?
>
> bw saving is a big issue to me and must be done !!!

Your choice there.

FYI: The upcoming Squid series with large-rock support is not planned to
be packaged for another 3-6 months.

HTH
Amos