Re: [squid-users] block domains based on LDAP group and force re-authentication every 30 minutes

From: Wim Ramakers <wim.ramakers_at_lucine-os.be>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 11:29:30 +0100

Op 19-feb.-2014, om 11:20 heeft FredB <fredbmail_at_free.fr> het volgende geschreven:

>> Fred, have you ever tested your solution on a ios7 iPad with safari?
>> I’m seeing different behavior between my android 4.0 (chrome
>> browser) and my iPad. The android in general behaves more as
>> expected than the iPad.
>>
>> Wim
>>

> Which differences exactly ?
> Only tested with Firefox and IE on PC

On my android it seems to work, but on the iPad I never get asked for re-authentication.

In general topics about ios7 safari and proxy usage (not squid specific) I read that some people have problems with the auth popup remains to pop up all the time, while others complain about it NOT popping up… Would be nice if someone can confirm if it works with ios7 safari on a iPad, if it is a platform specific problem i can keep trying things for ages without finding a solution.