Re: [squid-users] DANS guardian setup with squid

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 11:16:47 +1300

On 2014-02-24 07:19, Simon Dcunha wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have very old squid running (squid-2.6.STABLE21-3.el5 ) . its a old
> setup with no filtering and or any url blocking etc I have a new setup
> using squid-3.1.10-20.el6_5.x86_64. and would like to implement it
> with DANSGuardin

For what reason are you planning to use DansGuardian please?

> appreciate if someone can help me or advise me with a best link that
> could guide me too do the DANS guardian setup with optimul config

Optimal config is *not* to use DG. Being a separate proxy it doubles the
HTTP processing latency and overheads.

Tried looking at the DansGuardian website for their how-to section for
help? To Squid DG is just another client application and most cases
nothing special in squid.conf is needed at all.

Amos