[squid-users] Cannot access SSL pages on Squid 3.4

From: Filipe_A. <filipealmeida_at_infoway-pi.com.br>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 05:47:06 -0800 (PST)

I´m new at Squid and I´m having some difficulties on configure squid to
access SSL pages. I goggled about it a create a certificate and signed it,
but I cannot access any page, I only get message warning and when I click on
proceed anyway I get an squid block message.

I´m using a virtual lab that has two VMs. One with squid and two network
interfaces, one with NAT and another IP of a virtual LAN, in this VM I use
shorewall and it is configured to redirect Internet from th0 to eth1, and
the packages arrived on port 80 are redirect to 3128 and port 443 to 3130.
The other VM has Win XP installed only to test the squid configuration.

Above is my squid.conf file.
http_port 3128 transparent

https_port 3130 ssl­bump cert=/usr/etc/squid.pem key=/usr/etc/squid.pem
generate­host­

certificates=on options=NO_SSLv2 dynamic_cert_mem_cache_size=4MB

acl localnet src 192.168.56.0/24 # RFC1918 possible internal
network

## avoid proxy­chaining

always_direct allow all

## Always complete the server­side handshake before client­side

ssl_bump server­first all

## Allow server side certificate erros such untrusted certificates

sslproxy_cert_error allow all

## Or maybe deny all server side certificates errors

#sslproxy_cert_error deny all

## Accept certificates that fail verification

sslproxy_flags DONT_VERIFY_PEER

coredump_dir /usr/var/cache/squid

refresh_pattern ^ftp: 1440 20% 10080

refresh_pattern ^gopher: 1440 0% 1440

refresh_pattern ­i (/cgi­bin/|\?) 0 0% 0

refresh_pattern . 0 20% 4320

#http_access allow all

acl SSL_ports port 443

acl Safe_ports port 80 # http

acl Safe_ports port 21 # ftp

acl Safe_ports port 443 # https

acl Safe_ports port 70 # gopher

acl Safe_ports port 210 # wais

acl Safe_ports port 1025­65535 # unregistered ports

acl Safe_ports port 280 # http­mgmt

acl Safe_ports port 488 # gss­http

acl Safe_ports port 591 # filemaker

acl Safe_ports port 777 # multiling http

acl CONNECT method CONNECT

acl sites url_regex facebook

#http_access allow CONNECT Safe_ports SSL_ports

http_access deny !Safe_ports

http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports

http_access allow localhost manager

http_access deny manager

http_access allow localnet

http_access allow localhost

#http_access deny sites

cache_effective_user squid

At the configuration of the squid I set this parameters

./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-shared --enable-icmp --enable-delay-polls
--enable-sll --enable-ssl --enable-ssl-crtd --enable-linux-netfilter
--enable-auth --enable-basic-auth-helpers=NCSA,LDAP,SMB

Thanks in advace for the help,
F.A.