Re: [squid-users] Re: HTTP/1.1 pipelining

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 11:04:35 -0600

On 03/10/2014 02:20 AM, babajaga wrote:
> But "mgr:client_list" shows different type of info, as far as I can see. It
> shows current client connections, whereas "mgr:pconn" shows past connection
> statistics (effectiveness)
> So the first part of 2.7-pconn statistics is dropped on later
> squid-versions, although quite interesting, I think. May be, I should file a
> bug or feuture request ?

FWIW, I agree that knowing the number of requests per from-client
connection is useful. If this is not shown anywhere, a bug report or a
feature request might help, and a quality patch adding those stats would
be welcomed. mgr:pconn would be the right place to show those stats for
all Squid sides that use persistent connections (whether pooled by Squid
itself or by the clients talking to Squid).

Reporting request concurrency level (i.e., the used pipeline depth) when
pipelining with clients is enabled would also be useful.

Thank you,

Alex.