Re: [squid-users] How to drop packet on basis of specific header

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 12:59:01 +1300

On 2014-03-12 01:00, Bhagwat Yadav wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I know that HttpStateData::httpBuildRequestHeader in http.cc is
> checking the header entry by calling
> "copyOneHeaderFromClientsideRequestToUpstreamRequest" function.
>
> But I want to know how to drop the packet on basis of some specific
> header identified in the incoming request on squid..

You cant do anything about packets. They are on a whole different level
of networking to the ones where Squid operates. HTTP operates on
messages. There is no way to simply drop a message like you can with
packets. All messages MUST have a response even if the response is to
close the whole connection.

Why are you wanting this? what are you trying to do overall?

Amos