[squid-users] Squid 3.4 reverse proxy. Cache peers on alternate ports (444) ?

From: PSA4444 <sima_yi_at_operamail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 23:09:02 -0700 (PDT)

I'm running squid as a reverse proxy with many web servers behind it, using
host headers to determine which site the user is trying to access.

One of these web servers runs IIS, with multiple websites on different
ports: 443, 444, 445, etc.

I would like squid to be able to connect to this server on a different port
based on which address the user tries to access.

https://help.mydomain.com:443 -> 10.0.1.4:443
https://app.mydomain.com:443 -> 10.0.1.4:444

I have tried the following to achieve this:

cache_peer help.mydomain.com parent 443 0 no-query originserver ssl
sslversion=3 connect-timeout=8 connect-fail-limit=2
sslflags=DONT_VERIFY_PEER front-end-https=on name=help login=PASSTHRU

cache_peer app.mydomain.com parent 444 0 no-query originserver ssl
sslversion=3 connect-timeout=8 connect-fail-limit=2
sslflags=DONT_VERIFY_PEER front-end-https=on name=app login=PASSTHRU

unfortunately, accessing both these sites connects to the site running on
port 443 on the IIS server :(

How can I achieve what I'm trying to?