Re: [squid-users] Re: Some problem about use squid

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 14:07:08 +1300

On 16/03/2014 1:25 a.m., huang.zhenxing wrote:
> Amos:
>
> I am try to set the log to ms-sql always ,but have not succeed .
> when we set:
>
> logfile_daemon /path/log_db_daemon or
> /access_log daemon:/server/squid/access_log/squid/squid_password

What is your *exact* squid.conf settings for those?
You may mail me directly if they contain login to the DB server.

> and exec #./squid -k reconfigure or #./squid -k shutdown
> it say:
> squid: ERROR: Could not send signal 1 to process /5662/: (3) No such process

Try "squid -k parse" to verify the configuration before reconfiguring.
That way you will avoid causing an outage if there is any syntax errors
in the file.

Now that you have this error, check that the squid PID file matches the
process ID of the running Squid (or that the file does not exist if
Squid is not running).

Amos