Re: [squid-users] delay pools status

From: Beto Moreno <pamrtj_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 08:31:05 -0700

Hi, thanks Amos for always share your knowledge.

"No there is 500KB/sec allocated to client response (download) traffic on
"first-come basis.

"This is effectively the same configuration as kernel routing QoS
"controls allowing the Squid process to access 500KB/s of traffic inbound
"for servers and unlimited upload traffic to servers.

Here squid decide what we can share to each connection, the first
machine get full bucket, if other machine arrive squid decide what he
can receive from the bucket and continue the same to others users?
Until they eat all the bucket and fill again the bucket to share?

example 2:

 delay_pool_count 1
 delay_class 1 3
 delay_parameters 1 500000/562500 -1/-1 4000/4000
 delay_initial_bucket_level 100

Start will full bucket, here we have one bucket of 500kb/s burst
562kb/s for all my clients but each on my clients will get <=
32kb/s(max 32kb/s) from their single bucket?

About the QoS, is what I'm trying to manage, but I had been testing
squid delay-pools and they help in some manner controlling users
appetite.

QoS trying to see how to integrate with squid, because once squid
start controlling inbound is came of difficult to me because 80/443
are only seen by single client(squid), QoS won't see my lan
connections to those ports which are who eat my bandwidth, but working
on.