Re: [squid-users] need help with ubuntu upgrade procedure

From: Marcus Kool <marcus.kool_at_urlfilterdb.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 07:15:06 -0300

One way of doing this is to find the ubuntu spec file for the ubuntu package for Squid
and use the spec file to build a new squid 3.4.x package. and then install the new package.
This way all files locations will remain the same and you can also use the package manager
to do an easy downgrade if necessary.

If you don't know how to build a package, you might consider to
- find the ubuntu spec file
- find all the parameters in the spec file that are used to call the ./configure script and
   run ./configure with the parameters that you found
- run "make" and "make install"
This way you have the same benefit of installing everything in the same place.

Marcus