[squid-users] Non Transparent Proxy

From: Oluseyi Akinboboye <seyiakinboboye_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 07:52:55 +0100

Good Morning all,

 I am using a Opensuse12.3 with squid as a gateway & squid (Squid Cache: Version 3.2.11) though its not transparent. Eliezer i must apologise, i am just reading through one of your last communications to me in which you asked me to share my squid.conf; i over looked that part and didnt see it till now! I am terribly sorry about that! Do i still send it?

I would please like to find out a few things which are as follows:

1. I would like to restrict browsing only to users that use the proxy x.x.x.x:yy because as it is right now i noticed that most of my clients have migrated to using the proxy server but the rest have not.

2. I would like to know if there is a way for me to discard my router as I would like to have the raw data (so to speak) the requesting IP show upp on the log instead of the IP of the mikrotik router. Basically what i use my mikrotik for is just for authentication ; username and password, if there is a solution i have to download on to the squid to make this happen here then i would rather let the squid perform NAT.

3. Would it also have the ability to perform load balancing? or do i have to rely heavily on my Netequaizer(Hardware built for that purpose ) for that?

Oluseyi Akinboboye